Monday, September 5, 2011

Early Bird Gets The Worm..Or The Bacon!


Megan and I decided to get a little eventful during the week, and since the only free time we have is in the morning, why not start with some breakfast? We ventured off  into downtown Phoenix Friday morning to see what Matt's Big Breakfast had to offer. Now, when I say it is my favorite meal , I am not  messing around.  Not only am I addicted to eggs, but chocolate milk and some french toast always seem to know how to call my name so sweetly.  I would even go as far to refer to myself as a breakfast connoisseur. 

This hole in the wall, literally, only had about ten tables of sitting room for the 630 group that was already lined up outside to get the grub. It was adorable!! Most of the customers looked like a "usual" crowd that knew exactly what time they needed to be there to beat the rush. Megan and I were able to slip into a little intimate corner, bar-side of the window (the one in the picture!). We loved it!! 


Me and Meg  ordered the same thing off of their small but very delicious menu -what can I say ..great minds think alike ;).   We started off with some delicious organic chocolate milk (they did not skimp out on the syrup which is really important for chocaholics like myself). Then we went to town on our "5 spot" breakfast sandwiches.  Thick bacon, two eggs, american cheese and grilled onion on a great roll-yeah I know, my mouth is watering too. 

When Megan's friend recommended this place to us, he made it a point to make sure we the get the bacon. As you saw above, it was THICK. I'm not complaining- It was awesome. I did feel a little bad with all of the cute piggy trinkets they had every where, decorating the scene into a homey cornerstone. I mean I'm not saying it stopped me in my tracks or anything (those of you who know me well, know that would never even be an option) but I thought about it for a second. 


It's safe to say I was a happy camper, no matter how early it was! Matt's will definitely be getting a second visit from me.

Song of the day; Fishin' In The Dark-Nitty Gritty Band



No comments:

Post a Comment